Grandfathered?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iStrat, Jun 8, 2010.

1. iStrat macrumors member

I have the original 2007 iPhone with the original unlimited EDGE data plan, for $59.99/month, which comes to $71/month with all the little charges. If I upgrade to the new iPhone 4, will I have the option to get an unlimited data plan, or is that only for people who had a 3G unlimited data plan?

2. cdp1276 macrumors member

cdp1276

I've read in many places (in the same situation as you) the answer is yes.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=926606

3. iStrat thread starter macrumors member

What will my new price be? $10 more than now, the same as what the 2GB plan would cost?

4. iStrat thread starter macrumors member

Also, I just checked and the breakdown of my bill is $39.99 for voice (450 minutes) and $20 for unlimited data and 200 text messages, totaling $59.99. Am I correct in assuming that if I upgrade to the iPhone 4, keep my voice and text message plan the same, I'll be eligible to get unlimited data for a total of $69.99/month?

5. tikitommy macrumors regular

My understanding was that 2Gs would be able to upgrade/jump in at the 3g/3GS unlimited data plan of $30.

The point is that for completely new customers or customers seeking cheaper plans, the new data plans are what holds.

If you were already paying for an unlimited plan, 2G or 3G, you can continue at the $30 unlimited.