Graph in Numbers Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jensepollense, Feb 13, 2009.

1. jensepollense macrumors regular

jensepollense

Hey,

so I have a Numbers spreadsheet with 5 columns. The first is time, in 5 sec intervals all the way down to 465. The next 4 columns are different temperature data that I want to plot all on the same graph. How do I construct a graph with the first column (sec) as the x-axis and the y-axis as temperature and then obviously all the data points on the graph accordingly? I tried playing around with it, but somehow never managed to get exactly what I wanted.

Thanks

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Select your y-columns and then click the graph icon to select the type of graph that you want.

3. jensepollense thread starter macrumors regular

jensepollense

I tried doing that, but then my x-axis isn't what I want it to be. It's showing the right values on the y-axis but the x-axis is just labeled "Untitled 1"-"Untitled 93." How do I get the the time data onto the x-axis?

4. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

The easy way :
    Select untitled on the numbers page and change each one to what you want.

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Try using a Scatter plot rather than the line plots. I've found that's the only easy way to do this in Numbers ('08).

6. BioCore macrumors regular

Hi, I'm using Numbers '09 the beta trial. I am a science student and as you can imagine I am trying out the new trend lines and error bars. So far the new version has everything I have been wanting in Numbers, and I might actually buy the full version. My problem though is the scatter plot graphs.

I sometimes like the OP need to have multiple sets of data on the same graph with separate trend lines. I have tried everything I can think of to do this, but I can not make a scatter plot graph with two sets of data. Whenever I try something, my first column is treated as the X values and the second as y values. How can I change this please help!