Grapher in Interface Builder

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by nathan.shauer, May 26, 2010.

1. nathan.shauer macrumors newbie

Hi,

I need to make a visual interface that makes graphs, do you know any way to make that in interface builder?
    To program it from 0 it would take like an year.
    Is there any way to use some graph program (like grapher) in the interface builder? Like, I send the information to it, and it return the graph to the interface builder?

I`m really going crazy with this.

Thx!!

2. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Nope. Perhaps this would be helpful? http://www.macresearch.org/graphx_a_graphing_framework_for_cocoa_applications. It has some IB integration so you could place it in your UI in IB, but you'll still have to set it up in your code.

You seem to be very unclear on what Interface Builder does, btw. It'd be a good thing to learn more about. For example, it's not a thing that exists in your program, so you can't "return" things to it.

3. chown33 macrumors 604

If you have an internet connection, you can send HTTP requests to Google's Charting API, and it will return PNG images. It's not interactive, but it works pretty well.
    http://code.google.com/apis/chart/image_charts.html

If you want more specific suggestions, you'll have to provide more specific info on what you want. Does your graph have to be interactive in real-time? Does it have to be editable? Where do the values to be graphed come from? What types of charts does it have to support? 2D or 3D?

If you want something like Grapher.app that comes with the OS (located in /Applications/Utilities), you'll have to write that yourself. If you want a few static XY plots, then any number of possible options might work.