Grapher

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AlexanderSt, Mar 19, 2010.

1. AlexanderSt macrumors newbie

Hello everybody

I'm trying to find out how to use the application "Grapher", but I find it difficult! It's easy for me to draw the graph by telling the program which equation I want it to draw, but I don't know how to and whether it is possible to draw something manually in the graph, for example the slope.

Can you help? :)

I'm looking forward to receiving some constructive answers! :)

/Alexander

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Grapher can draw graphs of linear 2-D functions to 3-D vector fields. As currently posed, your question is a request for someone to teach you how to use all of Grapher's functionality over the Internet. This is not practical. If you need help with a particular kind of function, then ask for help with that particular function.

3. AlexanderSt thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, sorry, I didn't make myself clear! :)

My particular question is: When I draw a graph and wants to make the slope clear, how do I do that, and is it possible? I've tried to search for useful information elsewhere, but I'm not capable to find anything.

When I write that I "want to make the slope clear", I mean that I want the program to draw the slope of the graph.

I'm looking forward to reading your answers.

Regards, Alexander

4. Padraic macrumors regular

Grapher used to be a program called Curvus Pro X made by Arizona Software. You can find the website for Curvus Pro here: http://www.arizona-software.ch/curvuspro/ and the manual is under the support section.

5. Detektiv-Pinky macrumors 6502a

Detektiv-Pinky

6. YB24 macrumors member

Dordogne-France http://y.barois.free.fr/grapher/
    Many thanks for this manual of Curvus Pro (not Curvus Pro X) old style for Mac OS 7 to 9 "classic" ... remember : we are talking about Grapher coming from Curvus Pro X 1.3.2 for Mac OS X 10.x.x. There is no manual available nowadays for Curvus Pro X, and Curvus Pro X does not exist anymore on Arizona website.
    Type "Grapher" and clic "Search forums" I already gave a list of Grapher manuals in other threads.
    Good old times ! YB24