Graphic card died in less than a year? 21.5" or 27"?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by just.because, Sep 9, 2011.

1. just.because macrumors newbie

I bought a new graphic card for my iMac 6.1 (mid 2006.) - NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT - a year ago. How is it possible it already died? I play games ocasionally like World of Warcraft, watch movies and use the Internet, that's pretty much it. Is NVIDIA that crappy?

I don't think it's worth to buy another graphic card again, so I'll rather buy a new iMac. Now I'm not sure if to buy 21.5" or 27" one. Price is not an issue, I'm just not sure buying a 27" iMac is ideal for my desk, there is approx. 52 cm between the screen and my eyes, 27" one would be even more "exhausting" to watch to. On the other hand, going from 24" to "21.5" seems kinda ******. I wish they're still producing 24" ones.

2. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

No way for us to know why your graphics card died after only one year.

If money was no issue I would get the 27" iMac. You'll get used to the size and enjoy it.

A little story. A few months ago I bought my first HDTV (a 46 incher). Big upgrade from the 20 inch TV we were watching (build in 1993). Surprised my wife, she didn't know. She was at work... I bought it... got the new box at the cable company... set it up... she comes home sees it and says....

Take it back... it is too big. Wanted me to go buy a 23" HDTV. Well now she likes it and doesn't want me to take it back.

You'll get used to the size. Those iMacs are great machines.