Graphic Card problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by JohnPyn, Jan 11, 2015.

1. JohnPyn macrumors member

Hi everyone, today I received an alert saying that there was a problem with my graphic card, I can't tell exactly what it said because I'm translating from italian but that was basically it... How can I check now if it's working properly? I can't see any problems with the video at the moment but I don't really know what this problem may be or what it may cause to the mac. Thanks a lot

2. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Ok. why is your computer in italian, and to check if the graphics card is working, go to activity monitor and go to energy, and if everything is in the green(graph), then its good. Maybe you have too many applications overwhelming such as safari, video editing, or maybe even games.

3. motrek macrumors 68020

This is one of the more bizarre posts I've read.

I assume the computer is in Italian because the person speaks Italian natively and/or simply prefers Italian. Wouldn't you also assume that?

And what does Activity Monitor have to do with the logic/circuitry that displays images on the screen, and how could that logic possibly be overwhelmed by running too many apps?

The short answer is, if you see the right stuff on your screen, then your graphics card is working fine. By definition.

4. JohnPyn thread starter macrumors member

Indeed, my computer is italian because I am ahahah and I haven't really changed the language in it as I did with my iPhone, not suer why though.
    Well I thought as much but I can't explain myself why I got that alert of the graphic card but everything seems to be working perfectly, maybe it was just a glitchy alert eheh thank you very much for help