Graphic converter or an alternative

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by markgodley, May 17, 2009.

1. markgodley macrumors regular

Hey,

Have a bit of an issue with graphic converter 6.4. Im quiet annoyed as i paid for it and its not really doing the job i want.

Basically i need to get files sizes of some images i have to 60kb, ive tried so many time with graphic converter but i cant reduce the size of them. Ive tried altering the amount of colours but i get an error. Ive tried changing the dpi but still not making hardly any difference. There is a option when you save to select a file size you want so i set it to 60kb but it still saves them at around 160kb

Ive played around with some of the settings in graphic converter but it not making a difference.

I gave it to my pc friend and he managed to get the file size to 55kb in literately 20seconds. Anyone know how to do it in graphic converter or suggest another program?

2. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

Are you saving as jpeg? Try using "save as web ready image". On Macs, files get a resource fork attached, which can be a reasonable size i a thumnail is included. Saving as web ready doesn't add this. beyond that, You could reduce resolution. (not dpi - changing dpi will have NO effect of your image - it's just a flag that is used for display output).

3. markgodley thread starter macrumors regular

You sir are a genius! worked perfect.

Many thanks

4. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

No problem. I used to have the same issue of GC not giving the exact file size it was reporting.

Also the hagens manual for GC is pretty useful - it's in the help menu.