Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKarl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2006
It's 1am, I've been trying to get this stupid #($%& to work forever now.

I'm trying to make a simple triangle with A, B, and C written near each side. Every time I use the text function it highlights it in yellow and a whole line at a time. WTF?

How the #$%(*&ing heck do just get an A. Just like the one you see here that I just typed?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
iKarl said:
It's 1am, I've been trying to get this stupid #($%& to work forever now.

I'm trying to make a simple triangle with A, B, and C written near each side. Every time I use the text function it highlights it in yellow and a whole line at a time. WTF?

How the #$%(*&ing heck do just get an A. Just like the one you see here that I just typed?
First, let me say that you should be using a vector-graphics app for your image rather than a raster-graphics app like GraphicConverter. GraphicConverter will do the job, only with more work. This has nothing to do with your problem, because you have no problem. After you type the A, go to the next vertex to type B. You can then type C at the last vertex. The highlighting should disappear when you leave each textbox.

iKarl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2006
MisterMe said:
First, let me say that you should be using a vector-graphics app for your image rather than a raster-graphics app like GraphicConverter. GraphicConverter will do the job, only with more work. This has nothing to do with your problem, because you have no problem. After you type the A, go to the next vertex to type B. You can then type C at the last vertex. The highlighting should disappear when you leave each textbox.

yea I was rediculously frustrated last night. I've never tried to make math worksheets for kids before. Can you reccomend a vector-graphics app or something that would better suit my needs?

I probably won't need to make anymore of them, but just for future reference.

For instance I want to do an Area = bh/2 problem, and I need to label the base and height, etc. Basically draw shapes for geometry math problems.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
If you had AppleWorks, you would be golden. It would allow you to do nearly everything is one app. However, Mac apps from disparate developers traditionally work well together.

Sadly, we seem to have less activity in the area of commercial vector-graphics apps than we did in the early days of the Mac. A quick search on VersionTracker.com yields Inform, which looks like it will do everything need need for your geometry worksheets. As a free download, you can try Inform before you buy it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.