Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I need to make a header for my blog, editing photo images, banners for facebook profiles, and many more but mostly for my growing website! Ideas for apps would be great or any suggestions would be nice too. Thank you for your time.

What do you use?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I need to make a header for my blog, editing photo images, banners for facebook profiles, and many more but mostly for my growing website! Ideas for apps would be great or any suggestions would be nice too. Thank you for your time.

What do you use?

I use Adobe Dreamweaver CS4. But there is also Rapidweaver that I hear is good too.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I'm on adobe.com right now look at Dreamweaver.
I contacted them and had a long conversation with them and they recommended to me a program that ran about 1100 to do what I wanted.

Dreamweaver is way less but would it do what I listed?

I use Adobe Dreamweaver CS4. But there is also Rapidweaver that I hear is good too.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Espresso + Wordpress or Espresso + Rapidweaver.

Personally if you're looking for a basic blogger I'd go either Rapidweaver or get a decent Wordpress Theme. I would suggest if you don't have a HTML or CSS background then Dreamweaver maybe be expensive overkill for what you're actually trying to achieve.

There are some *seriously* nice Wordpress Themes for around the $30-$50 mark which I would guess would really suit your needs for a basic blog. I'd also suggesting checking out the Wordpress section of Smashing it would give you some great detail for what you can do with the it.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm on adobe.com right now look at Dreamweaver.
I contacted them and had a long conversation with them and they recommended to me a program that ran about 1100 to do what I wanted.

Dreamweaver is way less but would it do what I listed?

Their $1100 program will do what you want, but you can easily do that with a far less expensive program like Rapidweaver + Espresso like the person above mentioned. Or try out Wordpress.com.

There are just as good if not better alternatives than what Adobe offers.

xterratop

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Easy website builder

I tried all of those but I really like Snappages. Its very easy to use, Mac friendly, and browser based. I actually use both Muse (Beta) for high end websites but use Snappages for small, simple websites that don't need that custom look. They now have a new blog tool and emailer app built into it. Great way to market your website to your existing users. Its also social network linkable. Check them out at : http://snappages.com

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I already use Picnic and Pixlr.com. :D
Looking for something a bit more advance. Will tryout what's been suggested above. Thank you everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.