Graphic Design/Dig. Photography Course - Which Uni?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kardashian, May 23, 2006.

  1. Kardashian macrumors 68020


    Sep 4, 2005
    Hey there!

    My Art/Photography teacher has told me I need to do Graphic Design work when I'm older, and get a Uni degree in that, or digital photoraphy.

    At first I dismissed it as I didn't think I was good enough - but then my head of year also said that it would be the perfect career for me, as I'm good at it, enjoy it, and find 90% of tasks a breeze. Her husband also works in the field.

    I live in Aberystwyth, on the west coast of Wales. I now need help in choosing a Uni. to go to, Sep. 2007.

    I wouldn't mind Cardiff, Swansea, Chester, somewhere not too far - I have checked the sites, and find them very confusing, even the prospectus.

    Could someone possibly enlighten me as to whether those Uni's (or ones similar) offer what I'm looking for, and the type of grades I would need.

    If it makes it any easier, I wish to go the route of photography, then using applications such as Photoshop to manipulate my images - for design, advertisement, publishing or freelance purposes.

    Sorry for the long post :)

    [I understand I've posted it twice, its something important, so I wanted to get the most attention possible. Sorry :)]
  2. Doctor Q Administrator

    Doctor Q

    Staff Member

    Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    As you should already know, duplicate threads are not permitted and will be removed.
  3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020


    Sep 4, 2005
    Sorry.. I didn't know... Forgive me! :p
  4. Lau Guest

    I can't help you with any of the unis you mention as I've got no knowledge of them whatsoever. If the sites/prospectuses are confusing, why not give them a ring for things like grades, etc?

    One thing I will say is, as it's close enough to be tempting, is that I wouldn't recommend Bath Spa Uni for graphic design, personally.

Share This Page