Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blondie769

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2007
Chicago
okay so, I've just switched to Mac and my iMac doesnt have a decent graphic editor, and my old ones from disks aren't compatible with Mac, so I've been searching the web for a free software, something like windows "Paint", but the couple i found are not that great and I can't paste images or screenshots* which i need. Im about ready to spring for buying some software, so does anyone know a good graphic editor that you can paste screenshots in that's Mac-compatible? or a free software if you know of one? or any tips, ideas, or notes on macs and graphic editors would be extremly helpful.. thanks!

*in case you dont know what screenshots are, its where you push a button and you've coppied a picture of you're entire screen, which you can paste in a graphic editor. they can be extremly helpful and i need them for things i do on my computer. I know for a fact you can get screenshots on Macs because it works on my dads mac and the people at the apple store told my dad you can do screenshots.

If you have any questions that would help you help me or about screenshots or w/e please ask!

Jim Campbell

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
A World of my Own; UK
okay so, I've just switched to Mac and my iMac doesnt have a decent graphic editor, and my old ones from disks aren't compatible with Mac, so I've been searching the web for a free software, something like windows "Paint"

You can find piles of freeware/shareware at http://www.versiontracker.com ... not strictly a replacement for 'Paint' but no-one doing graphics work should really be without a copy of Graphicconvertor, which offers some fairly neat editing features and supports a gazillion graphics formats.

Cheers

Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.