graphic options

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by INBLUT, Jan 8, 2009.

1. INBLUT macrumors newbie

INBLUT

So, I´m filling the form to buy my Imac and suddenly something came to my mind.

Graphic Cards.

I can go for an ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO w/256MB GDDR3 or a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS w/512MB GDDR3 [Add $150.00].

Each one of them would not be enough on a decent pc I guess.
    I have a geforce 6600 gt on my pc and that is not enough... but what are the limits of both cards on an Imac 2.8?

I´m not into games but I'm deep into videos and music of course, after all that´s the main reason why I decided to charge from a pc to a mac.

Hope this is clear :)

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Unless you need the computer now, I strongly recommend to wait untill the end of February. Its quite possible new models will be out by then.

3. INBLUT thread starter macrumors newbie

INBLUT

Maybe I should wait then...

What will be the innovations on those iMacs?
    Is it just the Nvidia chipset and the Snow Leopard?

I mean if I go and get mine now will it be upgradable/compatible from Leopard to Snow Leopard?

4. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I think we will see completely new models and not just component upgrades, too. I think waiting on quad core chips from Intel.

I think we are in for a special treat with a completely new desktop lineup and a big invite at HQ. Definitely Steve showing us and probably taking advantage of quad core with Snow Leopard on them! Definitely not later than the first week of March.

5. INBLUT thread starter macrumors newbie

INBLUT

I was hoping it wouldn't take that much long.