Graphic performance decreased significantly

bRADYPUS

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
So I was using my rMBP with 16gb of ram today as usual.
Suddenly, the graphic performance just dropped.
I got the gfx card status.
My machine can't even run a game like cultris 2 with over 30fps when using 650m card.
I could play csgo with all high in 100fps this morning.

After several reboots, I restored my time machine backup from yesterday but the issue is still here:(

It's in the newest version of osx and I didn't change any setting or install anything today.

Should I bring it to apple store or do a couple more tests? Is there anyway to fix this ****?

Thanks.

needfx

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
So I was using my rMBP with 16gb of ram today as usual.
Suddenly, the graphic performance just dropped.
I got the gfx card status.
My machine can't even run a game like cultris 2 with over 30fps when using 650m card.
I could play csgo with all high in 100fps this morning.

After several reboots, I restored my time machine backup from yesterday but the issue is still here:(

It's in the newest version of osx and I didn't change any setting or install anything today.

Should I bring it to apple store or do a couple more tests? Is there anyway to fix this ****?

Thanks.
in your shoes I would already be queueing at the genius bar

kitzuki

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
saw this in another forum

v Re: Huge performance drop in WoW with rMBP
Note: Portable computers that have a battery you should not remove on your own include MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, and MacBook (Late 2009).
Shut down the computer.
Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.
source: Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
sauce : nprf