Graphic performance MBP 13" 2,26 Win7 bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Serpantes, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Serpantes macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm not happy with graphic performance on my new MBP 13" 2,26 on Windows 7 64-bit running bootcamp.
    Example> When I run Counter Strike Source and display FPS, first minute is everything ok with 60FPS, since the cooling fan don't start to higher RPM... when Fan start to increase RPM, FPS fall to around 10-20FPS, and game is unplayable...
    I think there is something with power management, when is needed extra cooling, something decrease the performance, or don't know how to say it with my poor english..
    I have tried every available driver from nVidia.com for 9400m, also beta drivers.. I hope Bootcamp 3.1 will solve this, but it is the same..
    Also tried to switch to maximum performance mode in windows power management, and adjusting every value in nVidia control center, nothing helps...

Graphic performence just suck, I think 9400m isn't so bad GPU, that it run CSS on 15 FPS (on lowest setting!), and BattleField Heroes unplayable on higher than Low setttings...
    There is something blocking the GPU performance, and I just wanna know what!

2. tekjunke macrumors member

I would suggest moving to 32bit Win7.

Your games are not 64bit specific so your making your machine work harder to emulate 32bit processes, also 32bit video drivers have had more time to develop, and should perform a bit better with 32bit games. Just my 2 cents...

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

How much RAM do you have Serpantes?

Assuming the stock 2GB, I concur fully with tehjunkie, reinstall with 32-bit or add RAM.

B

4. Serpantes thread starter macrumors newbie

I have 4GB of RAM, and MSDNAA version of Windows 7 64-bit Professional...
    maybe I try install classic Win XP to test graphic performance