Graphical Artifacts . . .

Discussion in 'iMac' started by IeU, Aug 18, 2011.

1. IeU, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

IeU macrumors member

I am getting this from time to time (Once a week, maybe more, only when playing WoW, i think, or when watching a HD video in youtube or so . . .)

If i restart the PC, everything is normal again . . .

Should i worry? I just bought this 27'IMac end may . . .

Attached Files:

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Not really sure. I occasionally get some problems with misplaced blocks of pixels in dialog boxes, but I use smvFanControl and also monitor temperatures with iStatPro and the temperatures seem OK, so I do not think it's the graphics processor becoming overheated.

Given that Apple released 10.7.1 that in part fix some bugs in displaying graphics, I think probably its an issue with the driver for the graphics processor. I hope that system updates will eventually remove them.

3. A Macbook Pro macrumors 6502

It's a Lion bug. Apple should be working on it.

4. IeU thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot for the answers. Luckily i did not freaked out and called Apple to send it back. Actually i did also think that it was also software related. If it really was due overheating, iMac should reboot/shutdown automatically as a security measure, right?

5. err404 macrumors 68020

GPU heat issues don't always cause the machine to crash, but it does appears to more of a driver bug. Keep an eye on it. If it gets worse, or if it's not fixed in an update or two, have Apple take a look.
    Keep those photo as evidence for the genius.