Graphical errors on new iPad? No other issues...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by batotman, Mar 30, 2012.

1. batotman macrumors 6502

I've considered my new iPad to be free from defects but haven't seen any talk about graphical errors. Sometimes it will be issues with the web, such as a distorted too bar on the twitter website, other times games to wonky with tearing and glitches graphic. Anyone else have this?

2. batotman thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Fudd macrumors member

Nope, it could be the GPU overheating or malfunctioning. Might want to look into exchanging it.

4. stonefeet macrumors regular

stonefeet

Do you mean the text and pictures kind of get wavy (best way I can describe it) when scrolling up and down?

5. batotman thread starter macrumors 6502

Like a site will load and a portion will be all glitchy and distorted. Hasnt happened many times and seems to be more infrequent. Will try to get a pic. Hasn't been a issue on any games save for a couple that haven't been updated.

6. plucky duck macrumors 6502

When using your browser is your page fully loaded when you peruse it? Does a page refresh solve the issue? Is it only within safari when this happens?

7. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

mine did the same thing once dont remember how i fixed it

8. batotman thread starter macrumors 6502

Fully loaded, refresh always fixes it.

9. stonefeet macrumors regular

stonefeet

10. psonice macrumors 6502a

I saw a few graphics glitches in the first few days I had it. Not seen anything since though, which is a bit odd - either way, it's most likely just a software fix, and it seems to be extremely rare.

When I did see it, it was the odd bit of corrupt graphics, and once in maps the traffic overlay didn't match up to the street map (which looks VERY weird - it looks normal, but then you get these strange pulsing lines that seem to fade in and out, confused the hell out of me for a few minutes!)