Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raymond7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2016
I'm using a macbook pro early 2015 13inch 512gb 8GM RAM
Since i installed 10.12.4 i have graphical glitches when i'm connected to an external display in clam shell mode. The glitches are like horizontal lines appearing and disappearing on the external display. I don't think it is hardware based, since before 10.12.4 I never had this problem even not on El Capitan. The glitches are not appearing on the display of the macbook itself but only on the external display, which worked fine before 10.12.4.

I already tried NVRAM reset and SMC reset but this does not resolved the issue. Anyone having the same issue?

daverdfw

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2009
I'm using a macbook pro early 2015 13inch 512gb 8GM RAM
Since i installed 10.12.4 i have graphical glitches when i'm connected to an external display in clam shell mode. The glitches are like horizontal lines appearing and disappearing on the external display. I don't think it is hardware based, since before 10.12.4 I never had this problem even not on El Capitan. The glitches are not appearing on the display of the macbook itself but only on the external display, which worked fine before 10.12.4.

I already tried NVRAM reset and SMC reset but this does not resolved the issue. Anyone having the same issue?

same model as yours, and I am seeing the same thing. And on my internal display as well. weird flashes of mostly at the top of the screen

raymond7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2016
same model as yours, and I am seeing the same thing. And on my internal display as well. weird flashes of mostly at the top of the screen
I actually found out what was causing it, in my case. When I was running netbeans Java the weird horizontal lines started, but as soon as I closed netbeans it was gone. So something broken for netbeans in 10.12.4

Falcon9

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
Eastern Canada
I've been having graphical issues as well since installing 10.12.4 on my 2015 13 inch (seems mostly prominent on the tab bar in Safari, or when watching YouTube videos (shows up as momentary horizontal static lines))... Anybody else seeing this, or is this a sign that something may be wrong with my hardware? Tried rebooting when I noticed this yesterday, and that seemed to fix it, but now it's back today.

thecastle

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2017
Created an account just for this topic. I have the same issues on my MB Pro 13" Early 2015, both on my internal and external displays. Apple Support told me to reset SMC, PRAM etc and reinstall OS files.. and it didn't fix it. It's probably a bug that came with the latest update.

ignaciobarrena

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2016
Same rMBP here, seeing glitches when watching full screen videos on Youtube or Netflix, mainly with Night Shift turned on... Buggiest Sierra release for me.

raymond7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2016
Update: It is not only caused by Netbeans which I said earlier. It happens also with other apps. Hearing that more people have this problem gives me a lil bit hope that it might be fixed in the next update?

Mcmeowmers

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2015
I have a mid 2015 15" and I'm getting it on 10.12.4 too. I think there is a glitch with graphics switching and memory. I use gfxCardStatus v2.3 and I am unable to get the drop down menu to stay on Integrated Only option. This leads me to believe there is an issue with how switching is handled

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
Well it looks like 10.12.4 was pulled. It no longer shows as an available update under App Store on my iMac

But it's still available if manually go to the MacOS Sierra page and click download.

UPDATE:
Looks like 10.12.3 is still available to download (for now) if you want to go back!

https://support.apple.com/en_US/downloads/macos

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.