Graphical issue when booting back into OS X...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TKEik683, Feb 10, 2010.

1. TKEik683 macrumors member

Hi,

I have been having an issue that I assume is with my Mac Pro's GPU or Windows partition.

After booting into my Windows XP HDD to get some work done, I boot back into OS X to see all sorts of graphical glitches. There will be miss colored pixels all over the screen. This does not happen all of the time, probably 40%, I can fix it by restarting a couple times. It only seems to happen when I am coming from my Windows drive, not just restarting OS X.

I am running two 24" monitors and both of them have the issue, so I can rule out the DVI cable / monitor. I have reset the PRAM and did disk verify.

Is this something that could be associated with the Windows HDD or hardware related (most likely IMHO)?

Is there anything I am missing or should I drive the 1.5-2 hour round trip to an Apple store to leave my work machine there?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

3. TKEik683 thread starter macrumors member

I recently opened everything up and heavily cleaned out the GPU fan. Is it possible that some how the dust moved around inside the GPU causing the issue?

Ill try that when I get home from work, anyone else have any thoughts?

Dave