Graphical Issues on my MDD

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by WalnutSpice, Aug 30, 2015.

1. WalnutSpice Suspended

WalnutSpice

I'm having these two weird graphical issues in my dock. I got Leopard on my MDD via cloning my hard drive from my PB G4 to the PM via FireWire 800 and Target disk mode, so it's not a fresh install but I have never had this issue on the PowerBook. Anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I'd try re-cloning. It usually works fine(I clone all the time), but sometimes weird stuff gets broken in a clone.

The other thing is that you may be seeing GPU limitations. Most MDDs came with a Radeon 9000, which is workable but honestly not a great card for Leopard(admittedly I've used much worse).

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That is normal for a GPU that does not support CoreImage. Nothing you can do about it except upgrade to a CoreImage capable GPU.

4. mikiotty macrumors 6502

mikiotty

Especially the GeForce2/4 MX have that issue. Had it on my QuickSilver and iMac G4, both with GeForce2 MX, and another iMac G4 with GeForce 4 as well :)

5. WalnutSpice thread starter Suspended

WalnutSpice

Alright, thanks guys. I'll be looking at new video cards for my G4 and G5 around October. Also looking at converting the MDD to SATA.