Graphical issues on Win 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by shigatashway, Oct 20, 2013.

1. shigatashway macrumors member

Since updating to Windows 8.1 every game I run fullscreen through the hdmi port to my tv doesn't render correctly. At the bottom right of the screen I get yellow text that used to never show up that I can't get rid of, and everything else looks as though the blue and red signals are not in sync as the colors are split and look kind of like it's meant to be viewed through those really old blue/red 3d glasses. Anyone have any insight into what's causing this? It's happening on every game I've got installed and it's always the same thing. I never saw this before Windows 8.1.

[​IMG]

2. Quackers macrumors 6502a

Have you checked for updated graphics drivers?
    I had to use one from Nvidia's site and use safe mode to install it before my Windows 8 would upgrade to Windows 8.1
    Of course I only found that out after the original upgrade failed - twice!

3. shigatashway thread starter macrumors member

I figured it out

For whatever reason, the install turned Nvidea's stereoscopic 3d setting on for games. After searching for the option to turn it off to no avail, I just uninstalled the 3dvision driver and now everything works.

Just wanted to let anyone who sees this issue know what's causing it and how to fix it.