GraphicConvertor- how much to buy?

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
UK
GraphicConvertor is listed as shareware, when I got to the download page I couldn't see any details about cost? How much is it to buy, is there a time limit on how long you can use it? Don't have a Mac yet so need the advice of someone who does :) Thanks.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
UK
Applespider said:
Which Mac are you buying? It comes free with the Powerbooks at least.
Not one with "Power" in it lol :( Probably an iBook eventually.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
Graphic Converter costs 30$.
A free alternative is Gimp. Its has almost the same features, but has windows style menus and interface.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
UK
abhishekit said:
Graphic Converter costs 30$.
A free alternative is Gimp. Its has almost the same features, but has windows style menus and interface.
So you have to register it after you have downloaded it I guess?... damn lol. Is it not functional even in a limitited capacity in a "freeware" form.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
MacSA said:
So you have to register it after you have downloaded it I guess?... damn lol. Is it not functional even in a limitited capacity in a "freeware" form.
GraphicConverter is fully functional even if you don't pay the shareware fee. Paying the fee eliminates the countdown at startup. If you are cheap and leave the app running, this minor annoyance is eliminated. However, I paid the fee. It is worth it.

Preacher85

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2004
Vermillion, SD
By the way, in response to your original question, GraphicConverter costs $35 US. You can pay the shareware fee and obtain a registration code here.

The fee is worth it, as you get a 10-year license on upgrades, and no annoying countdown (which gets longer the longer you use it without paying). :D