Graphics abnormity on retina resolutions

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by tired-cummander, Nov 10, 2014.

1. tired-cummander macrumors newbie

Greetings Community,

I've been running Yosemite for a few weeks now. Generally, i like it, althoguh i installed it on a brand new rMBP the day i received it (same day as Yosemite release), so i found myself burdened by the GUI lag that comes with retina resolutions.

After i had the decency to run Quartz Debug Tool to read the FPS of the OS X GUI, i clicked "Disable 2D Acceleration", but it froze my system and forced me to reboot.

I'm not sure if this was the cause, but ever since, now certain white and transparent image backgrounds appear pink for me (but only on images, not on anything else that's renderered).

As an example:

[​IMG]

The problem does NOT occur when i switch to non HiDPI Resolutions (using Display Menu).

Even more strange, the problem does not occur on Chrome, for instance, but does on Safari, in Mail and even in Firefox.

I also see weird artefacts on my screen for about 1/4 second when i switch to a HiDPI resolution. Those disappear right after resolution switching and do not re-occur.

This is how the Macrumors.com startpage looks for me in Firefox:

[​IMG]

Everything else seems good. But this problem makes me worry.

Something must have gotten messed up. Anyone know how i can remedy this?

I tried a PRAM reset and deleting windowserver plist files. To no avail.

MBP Mid 2014 | 1TB | 2.8 GHz | 16 GB | Intel Iris Pro / NVidia GeForce GT 750M

2. tired-cummander thread starter macrumors newbie

Luckily, i found the solution:

In Terminal, running:

defaults delete -g CGContextHighlight2xScaledImages

followed by a reboot did the trick.