Graphics all screwed up (could be related to 10.4.11)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Guigue, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Guigue macrumors member

Hi!

During installation, my graphics got all screwed up. You can see a screenshot of what's going on at this link:

[​IMG]

I think you guys can see it too. I'm actually writing on the defective computer, so it's hard for me to see what's in the screenshot.

Here's what I did so far. I tried removing half of the RAM first, then the second half, the problem persist. I rebooted on a different system, it's still there (so not software). I tried Hardware Test utility, it says everything is fine. I unplugged the Video Card, cleaned it a little along with the connectors, nothing.

Here's what we know. It happened DURING the update to 10.4.11 (not after I rebooted). I'm pretty sure I can take screenshots of it, so it's not simply in the connectors to the monitors. It happens on both my monitors (also when I unplug one of them).

You guys have any idea of what I can do or what is going on?

Thanks!

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Kind of a shot in the dark but have you tried using the combo updater?

3. Guigue thread starter macrumors member

At this point, I'd say the upgrade isn't involved anymore. The problem is there when I boot from my installation CD of a different boot drive

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Weird. Have you tried doing the various zapping, resetting and other voodoo?

5. Guigue thread starter macrumors member

I did the PRAM thing (from my OS9 days), what else can I do?