Graphics and freezing issues w/ 10.12.4 on tMBP 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by camhabib, Apr 12, 2017.

1. camhabib macrumors regular

I'm curious if anyone has had issues with freezing and weird graphic glitches on a 15" tMBP since upgrading to 10.12.4? It seems when switching between integrated and discrete graphics, the computer often times freezes, or at the very least seems to have a few glitches like Dock item names appearing as a black box, screen flashing random colors, etc. Wondering if it's just me or a universal thing.

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

No issues here, though I seldom have need of the dGPU.

3. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

I've just had a 2017 15" MacBook Pro and I am having the same issues as well whenever the graphics changes to discrete. Did you ever get a fix for this? I'm on 10.12.5.

4. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

To add: this only occurs when the mouse pointer is made bigger than standard: seemingly anything over a fifth bigger this always occurs. Put it back to standard and it’s fine.

Could anyone confirm this please?

5. MrGuder macrumors 68020

I haven't had this exactly but I did notice yesterday my cursor change about 10x the size and I said what the heck was that? It showed only briefly for 2 seconds and went away it and it didn't lock up or anything. I figured it was a glitch because I was not running any software that would warrant use of the dGPU. I have. 2017 15" I'm also on 10.12.5

6. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

Hi. Thanks. If possible would you be able to try the following for me then please:

In accessibility make the mouse as large as it goes. Then load iMovie.

If you have the same issue as me then your laptop will lag and/or freeze for a few seconds as iMovie opens.

TIA