Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Volante

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Installed new java yesterday. When I restarted my mac pro today I noticed that it has input lag when i type (in the browser, text applications etc), and when I move windows they move choppy. Checked activity monitor - everything seems allright.

*Tested Warcraft 3, in fullscreen mode the mouse cursor jumps over the screen, if i minimize (cmd + m) it goes smooth again. Might I have triggered some setting?

Latest Mac Pro, with 10 gigs of ram and 8800 GT. All updates installed.

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Same problem here. I installed the java 6 and I get some weird things going on as well.

• Applications lock up for about 30-45 seconds right after launch. This is for nearly all apps that I can tell (itunes, system prefs, etc...)
  • Mouse lag
  • Keyboard skips letters when I type. This is really only during those application lag times. Only skips maybe 10% of what I type, but still...
  • Had 2 kernel panics since update. Haven't had a panic since last fall.
  • Had to forceably quit (push power button) the machine 3 times because nothing was responding.

This is really a mess. I waited for a while on all these updates as this is my work machine and my laptop updated just fine. Now it looks like I'm in store for a full reinstall of *everything*

Uph.

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Well, I went ahead and did an archive and install and so far (fingers crossed) things are working ok. If anything goes haywire again, I'll post back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.