Graphics artifact or something else?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheShinyMac, Aug 15, 2010.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I was using expose the other day and then this blue blob was in the animation so I took a screenshot. Is this a sign of bad things to come? I am mainly worried because I have the 8600 GTM that fails without waring to many:( EDIT: I have a larger iTunes library I just upgraded to SL so my Library was wiped, I have to transfer it back from my iMac

Attached Files:

2. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

All 8600M GT cards are defective and will fail sooner rather than later. To be honest though, your blue water mark isn't an artifact i've seen before so who knows what it really is (it could very well be an artifact and a sign of failing, but when cards fail they usually give more traditional artifacts).

3. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Would showing the genius this artifact affect my repair maybe even a replacement? I've sent this thing in for over 3 issues and they did not even fix one that bothered me the most! What else do you think this blue blob could be? The computer is on a fresh install of snow leopard

4. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

I'd say it's to small an artifact for a "genius" to act on (i really hate those guys). Typically they'll fight you and try not to give a replacement.

5. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I agree, I just don't want this thing to die on me in the middle of my school year. I have a few other issues with this thing so I will set up an appointment soon maybe a replacement is in order for this lemon!

6. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

You are in Exposé unless I'm mistaken. If you are, that's not an artifact; it's simply Exposé going crazy. It's happened on my '09 MBP, too.