Graphics Card (13 vs 15)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brandonb123, Apr 15, 2010.

1. brandonb123 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

At first I was looking at getting the new 13 '' MBP because of its size and portability and I currently have a blackbook. Anyways I took a trip to Future shop (canadian circuit city) to have a quick look and realized that the 15'' isnt that big and at first glance looked nicer then the 13''. The 13 looked to small in comparison.

Anyways, I get the impression reading around that the 13'' graphics card is better then the 15''? I am not very computer oriented so have no idea myself. I figure if I paying this much for a computer, go big or go home! haha.

Thanks,

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

15" has a lot better GPU as it has Intel + 330M

If you get the 15", I would jump for the better resolution as well, it's only 100$ more

3. brandonb123 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh okay thats good then! i wasn't sure after reading around here for a bit it wasn't clear.

With regards to the better resolution, will it make everything smaller? I am going to be using this for school mainly but it will be my only computer. I read somewhere that the better resolution can be harsh on the eyes. Some nights I am up past 2:30 studying so if the screen was rough on the eyes that wouldn't be good.

Thanks,

Edit: one other question, I have choosen to leave the HD at 5400 and upgrade later if necessary but with regards to the CPU, which GHZ do you think would be the best for me? again, I use Office, light gaming, garageband, light photo editing, and the usual surfing and youtube and what not!

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It does make everything smaller but you have more space to work on. All are still easily readable etc so just turn down the brightness and it'll be fine