Graphics card comparison and buying advice please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nate2000, Jul 7, 2010.

1. nate2000 macrumors newbie

Hey :) , I've recently decided to switch to mac, the models I'm looking at are the 13 inch and 15 inch MacBook Pro's.

I've got some questions about the MacBook Pro's, I'm unsure of which model to go for, any help is greatly appreciated.

There are 5 points that I'm hoping to get clarified.

1. Games - Is there a major difference between the NVIDIA GeForce 320M and the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (256MB GDDR3), also is there a major difference between the graphics card in the MacBook pro's and the consoles such as PS3 and Xbox 360? - How will multi platform games like call of duty and bioshock compare with the consoles such as PS3 and Xbox 360?

2. Graphics card - if I was to go with the GeForce 320M will I still be able to play 1080p/true HD?

3. blu-ray- From other threads I've read, they say that even with an external blu-ray player I will not be able to watch blu-ray moves on a mac (the threads I looked at were quite old, is this still an issue?)

4. Windows (bootcamp) – If I'm going to use windows it would only be for games and viewing blu-ray disks(if blu-ray is still an issue on mac), are there any drawbacks from using windows in bootcamp, will it have any effect on OSX, or any negative effects on my system?

5. Mini display port to HDMI – Part of the time my MacBook will be connected to a HD TV, I will have to use a Mini display port to HDMI converter to do this, will I loose any image quality by having to do this?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Nate

2. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven