Graphics Card for Mac G5 Desktop 1.8

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Shark718, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Shark718 macrumors newbie

Hello

I was wondering whats the best Graphics Card I can get for my G5 power pc desktop, its the 1.8 model and not the duel on if that matters. Thanks for any help

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

What do you want to do with it? In most cases it's better to sell the G5 and buy a more recent Mac.

Even a new Mac Mini will be faster at most tasks.

3. Shark718 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do all kinds of things, photoshop, final cut pro, light room, listing to music ect ect.. I have been wanting to upgrade for a while but it seems like always their is something.. I was going to get rid of it to get a older intel mac but found out the new osx lion will only work in duel intel macs, and now they have the thunderbolt connections coming out.. So I was thinking of holding on for a while longer.. I have max out my ram at 8 gigs and have two 1gig hard drives but I wanted to know whats the best Graphics Card I can get that will work great on that system.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Due to the age, graphics card are hard to find, and probably not worth the expense.

5. Shark718 thread starter macrumors newbie

So which Apple model would be my safest bet & cheapest older mac to get so I can run lion and maybe get a thunderbolt card when ever they come out