Graphics Glitch after sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bdspilot, Dec 17, 2016.

1. bdspilot macrumors newbie

• I had 2 new 13 inch MBP 2016 that have graphics glitches after sleeping more than a couple hours. The screen flickers for about 30 sec before going back to normal 10.12.2 didn't fix it. Do all the new MB do this or did I just get 2 in a row with the issue. Everything else seems to work great. Battery life is good 8-10 hours.

2. /V\acpower macrumors 6502a

Does it look like this ?

If yes, then I have the exact same issue. Sometimes (been 4 times now), when I wake the computer after a while it do this graphic glitch, and I don't know if it's software or hardware.

Here are the important facts :

1. I had it happen in macOS 10.12.1 and 10.12.2 (was waiting for the update before posting my issue).

2. Everytime the issue goes away as soon as I put the screen to sleep and wake it again. (either by closing the lid or with CTRL+Shift+Power).

3. If I still log in, it keep flashing artifacts on screen, until I put back to sleep and wake up.

4. I did run Apple Diagnostic and found no issue.

5. I use filevault, if that matter.

---

My personal feeling is that it's mainly software, since it never happened in regular use, it's always when waking up from sleep, plus a simple sleep and wake always solve the issue. I'd like your opinions too.

3. bdspilot thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine does the exact same thing, but I haven't tried going in and out of sleep again to fix it. Mine flickers for a wile then leaves some artifacts. Then if I just open something like safari that is near full screen the artifacts go away and don't come back. I used FV on first computer but not this one but the problem is the exact same.

4. RCElectricFlyer macrumors member

You are not alone...

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/2nd-mbp-ntb-with-display-issues-what-to-do.2021948/