Graphics issues with 15" Retina MacBook Pro (late '13)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Djbpwny, Nov 25, 2015.

?

have you had an issue like this?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Djbpwny macrumors newbie

Djbpwny

I've got a late '13 RMBP with the Nvidia GeForce GT 750m. I went for the 16 GB RAM kit and the terabyte SSD since I store a lot of stuff and use programs like Parallels and Autodesk and Photoshop often at the same time. Middle of last year, my book started developing graphics errors. Weird screen flashes, distorted boxes on the screen, etc. I took it to an Apple authorized dealer and service center. They sent it to Apple and Apple basically took out the logic board and put in a new one and transferred the data from one SSD to the other. Man alive am I glad I got AppleCare + because here again in late 2015, I'm starting to get the screen flashing and garbled boxes. At least the anti-reflective coating hasn't come off at all :/
    I've seen a few other forums on other sites where users of various Macs (Mac Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook, MacBook Pro) having similar issues that are hard to reproduce but infuriating when they happen.
    Is anyone here having issues like this? I'd like to know how you handle it.
    I need a functional laptop as I'm a student and my notes are on it, but as soon as the semester ends, I'll be taking mine to an Apple store and having them fix it.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

After a few repairs for the same issue, ask Apple if they have another alternative solution. They have the option of offering a replacement computer at some point.