Graphics Problem - Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macsavvytech, May 30, 2011.

1. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Hi All I am having an odd problem with my MBP. Occasionally after waking from sleep my main desktop which is on an external monitor goes weird(Check Attached). The problem only occurs while my MBP is attached to an external Monitor and can be rectified by changing my desktop image. It also seems to be a software issue as a screen shot catches the error.

Attached Files:

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Just because you captured it in a screen shot does not mean it's software related. It does, however, mean it's not the LCD or the LVDS cable. Clearly, it's related to the graphics card, but this could mean it's the memory used by the graphics card, and depending on the machine, it could be your main memory. Granted, it's theoretically possible the graphics drivers could be acting up, but that's far less likely. If your machine is under warranty, bring it in.

3. Macsavvytech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Problem is if I take it in how am I going to show them anything? It only happens if my main desktop is on external monitor and the machine is woken from sleep.(I(It's very infrequent as well). The other is if I drag a window over the area having problems it is fine.
    It only affects the actual desktop background.

4. Macsavvytech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

My issues have stopped for now (Fingers Crossed). Heres to hoping i never have this weird problem again...