graphics processor temp diode/not connected?help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mediasorcerer, Apr 6, 2011.

1. mediasorcerer macrumors regular

im using temperature monitor,and ive noticed its saying graphics processor temperature diode is not connected?all the rest are there displaying,graphics processor chip 1 and all the cores,hdd and palmrest etc,etc,but the monitor is saying that graphics processor temp diode is not connected in red lettering,[this sensor is no longer connected]

anyone got any ideas why or whats going on,the temps are fine,the fans are kicking in,graphics 1 is monitoring fine,can anyone check who also uses temp monitor[the one with about 21 different readings[german one i think],hope i dont have a flaw ,need some help,bit worrying,regs ms,any help is much appreciated,im idling at 41d/c right now with safari open on battery power.ive tried rescan and update readings,no change,help!!!:mad:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. mediasorcerer thread starter macrumors regular

cheers buddy ,i downloaded it,but graphics processor temp diode is not showing up in it,only gpu temp,not both[ie gpu1 and gpu diode,]wonder why ,has anyone else out there got 2011 15 i7 2.2 and temp monitor program,[the marcel bresink one],can u check to see if its the showing up the same way or is it a problem in my machine etc,kind regs ms.ps thanx for help too poster above,cheers.:)

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

It's quite possible one of your sensor cables is disconnected or the sensor itself is malfunctioning.

5. Final Hour, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

Final Hour macrumors newbie

Media-

From my expierience, its nothing to worry about. Not sure which MPB you have but if it has automatic graphics switching turned on you'll get that error.

Let me explain, typically when you turn on your computer it defaults to the IGP (barring any software to force the dGPU), when you perform a task on the computer that requires a switch to dGPU you'll notice your temp utility - I use istat pro- will display the diode temp. After a few minutes, few hours you decide to quit those graphic intensive apps, the system then reverts back to the IGP -hence why you see GPU diode displayed as zero or close to that.

You'll notice if you re-start your computer it will display heatsink B again. I think it's a software issue with istat.

Hope that helps, oh btw remember to do all diagnotics to ensure it isn't an actual harware failure, in my exp this is the culprit.

6. mediasorcerer thread starter macrumors regular

just figured the same thing out myself,its now on,i was using cody kreigers graphics switcher,and had only intel enabled lo,ah im an idiot,shoulda thought o that,nevermind,

you folks are great to chime in here and help anyway,reason i got all panicky was i did the gpu/cpu regrease with the artic silver last week,and had this horror imagining id somehow inadvertantly damaged the temp sensor,but no its now on again,good news anyhow,its definately the switching,good analysis too in poster above,clever,thankyou all who helped,now we know anyway,cheers ms.