graphics question

rogerw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
west sussex UK
me again

in photoshop at mo, trying to create an advert for a magazine ad.

sorry for being a bit thick, but how do I create a black borderline around my ad ( ie frame it)

gratefull for any help

PS in return if any graphics people would like help with any automatic gate queries, lol

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
You can always create a selection using the rectangle tool and then go to "Edit -> Stroke"

If your whole ad is on one layer you can do "select all" and then stroke the selection.

Hope this helps.

rogerw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
west sussex UK
aricher said:
You can always create a selection using the rectangle tool and then go to "Edit -> Stroke"

If your whole ad is on one layer you can do "select all" and then stroke the selection.

Hope this helps.
ta for that but when i try this (either way) the stroke option is greyed out????

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Use the marquee tool to select the area inside (the area you want to be visible), then Select>Inverse (or just hit cmd-shift-I) and fill that area with whatever color border you want. That's usually how I do it when using just photoshop.

Is that what you're looking for?

rogerw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
west sussex UK
tobefirst said:
Use the marquee tool to select the area inside (the area you want to be visible), then Select>Inverse (or just hit cmd I) and fill that area with whatever color border you want. That's usually how I do it when using just photoshop.

yes, just tried it, thank you

rogerw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
west sussex UK
tobefirst said:
Use the marquee tool to select the area inside (the area you want to be visible), then Select>Inverse (or just hit cmd-shift-I) and fill that area with whatever color border you want. That's usually how I do it when using just photoshop.

<edit>
i thought that the s/cut didnt work - went the long way round

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.