Graphics Tablet: Wacom Intuos or MonoPrice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shyam09, May 18, 2014.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

2. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

--Just to note that Wacom renamed their Bamboo line to Intuos, and the Intuos line to Intuos Pro, so this is the entry level one. I started with this size Wacom Bamboo a couple of years ago and I loved it. But it started to feel a bit pinched and it didn't seem to map well to my iMac's screen. I replaced it with a Huion 610 for $55 after reading Ray Frenden's tablet reviews --it's really good, 2-1/2 times the size of the Bamboo's working area, twice the sensitivity, etc. It also mapped better to my iMac. I'm crazy about it and you'd have to pry it from my fingers.

Also, I noticed when using the Wacom Bamboo that brush strokes didn't taper quite so nicely, a sort of shoelace thing at the ends. The Huion 610 doesn't do that, and the pressure range is nicer. You don't have to press hard to get a beautiful variance in your strokes.

3. dmylrea macrumors 68000

dmylrea

Both of my daughters are (non-pro) graphics artists and have been using the larger Monoprice tablets for a couple of years and a love them.

While the much more expensive Wacom tablets may have some Pro features that the Monoprice doesn't, for beginners or non-pro's, save your cash and get the Monoprice.

4. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

The Wacom Intuos CTL480 does not include tilt-sensitivity or an eraser, things which the Monoprice and Huion's don't have either. So comparing price to size and pressure levels, the alternative brands are the better value.

5. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68000

shyam09