Graphics update and Rise of Nations?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tuishimi, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Tuishimi macrumors newbie

I hope this is the appropriate place for this... since I *think* it might have to do with recent upgrades.

A number of things have changed for me. I had been running Leopard 10.5.2 on my Mac mini (intel) and one of my favorite games for blowing off steam was Rise Of Nations. I recently bought an iMac and had not, until a few days ago, had the opportunity to play. I had already installed the graphics update.

Now when I fire up Rise of Nations I get all kinds of graphical glitches all over the screen. I've tried different combinations of settings to no avail.

Has anyone run into anything similar? I had read that the update has FIXED issues for other people (with games). My other games seem to be fine (Prey, Civilization IV, etc.).

Again, I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post.

2. murky1971 macrumors newbie

3. Bobbrack macrumors newbie

Graphics problem in Rise of Nations (Mac)

Hi

I have a new 24 inch IMAC ... Loaded ... same problem. I have emailed Macsoft and will post what type of response I get back. The graphics are simply terrible and non-playable.

Bob

4. DustyNomp macrumors newbie

Rise of Nations graphics

I have exactly the same problem with Rise of Nation graphics on Mac Leopard
    :confused:

5. bigpixl macrumors newbie

6. murdoch32 macrumors newbie

Sound Problems Rise of Nation

Hi,
    I am a new user of a imac 19inch I have upgraded to osx. I have installed RON and it plays well but when there is a lot of action the sound crackles. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem or can point me in the correct direction to get answers. Also I would to purchase more games of this style where do I find more games as I used to use a pc and they a great selection.:)