Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wholmes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
I have a 2009 Mac Pro 4,1 2.66 GHZ Quad Core system that has the original NVIDIA GeForce GT 120. I do photographic processing with LightRoom and Photoshop and light video work with iMovie. I use a Dell 2407WFP monitor and want to add a second monitor. What would you suggest as the best graphic card upgrade? I can either keep the original card and add a second or replace the original card. Would love to exploit CUDA with Photoshop. The goal is to get to two or more monitors.

kennyman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2011
US
I have a 2009 Mac Pro 4,1 2.66 GHZ Quad Core system that has the original NVIDIA GeForce GT 120. I do photographic processing with LightRoom and Photoshop and light video work with iMovie. I use a Dell 2407WFP monitor and want to add a second monitor. What would you suggest as the best graphic card upgrade? I can either keep the original card and add a second or replace the original card. Would love to exploit CUDA with Photoshop. The goal is to get to two or more monitors.

Hello, there is a post (sticky) on the top of this forum "Real World Photoshop Benchmark - Speed Test" it has over 350,000 views...it would be good if you start there, it has a lot of information about Photoshop and GPU (including benchmark).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.