Graphing Apps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XxThatSamGuyxX, Jun 30, 2009.

1. XxThatSamGuyxX macrumors newbie

Ok:
    1) Excel for mac is clumsy and awkward and impossible to work with.
    2) Numbers lets the rest of the iWork suite down by being considerably lacking in function.

So I'm left with the following problem; I would like to make quick, easy, attractive graphs with as much or as little detail as I like and clean aesthetics.

Anyone know of any free, excel-superior graphing apps for mac?
    Preferably one that can graph equations AND tables of data.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There are numerous graphing apps available on MacOS X. For my money, the best combination of power and ease-of-use is KaleidaGraph. Also featuring powerful analysis features, but geared more toward stunning presentation graphs, is DeltaGraph. OmniGraphSketcher [mentioned by ksmith80209] brings the subtle aesthetics of graphs drawn by professional graphic artists to the personal computer. Igor Pro is an extremely powerful scientific data analysis environment that includes the ability to produce textbook- and reference book-quality graphs.

As a general proposition, graphing applications are fairly sophisticated and are not free. However, Plot is a notable exception. Its graphs rival the aesthetics of graphs produced using OmniGraphSketcher.

3. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Another vote for OmniGraphSketcher, just bought it this last week. My presentations will start to look slightly different from all my windows based brethren