Graphing Calculator App Anyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NiroshanMan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

Anyone hoping for a graphing calculator app in the app store? I sure hope so, it would be awesome to have a reason to use it in school, anyways I don't want to spend an extra $100-200 on a calculator just made for it so it would be a nice feature. Anyone else?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm using scicalc.belfry.com/ and it seems to work just fine; and it was free. :eek:

3. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

belfry scicalc is not a graphing calculator, so that doesnt really apply

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, that's correct. I've seen graphing calculators for Windows only. The 2.0 update will have a new scientific calculator: http://www.tuaw.com/2008/06/09/iphone-calculator-gets-scientific-in-2-0/

Sorry, do you have an old TI-83 plus or TI-84 or higher? I've still got mine from Stats 1 & Stats 2. Graphing was a pain in the neck...:(

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

the TI-89 Titanium is where its at, i love that thing. with indefinite integrals, it is so awesome

6. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I have the Ti-89 Titanium too. I just don't know how to use it :p

7. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

There's a basic but fairly nice graphing calculator via Installer called iPlot. I use it a bit and generally like it.

8. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I think if Texas Instruments made a graphing calculator for AppStore, it'd be $50+.

Course it wouldn't have everything (since that would be a crowded UI).

9. Fontenette Yo! macrumors regular

Fontenette Yo!

I think ill be fine with the scientific calculator provided in 2.0.

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i need tactile buttons for a calculator

i have the old school 89 and its the best calc out there

11. firewood macrumors 604

Exactly which features of a graphing calculator do you need most?

Emulators aren't allowed with the SDK, and the HIG guidelines are different, so any graphing calculator will likely will be a new and different app and not an identical emulation.

12. NiroshanMan thread starter macrumors 6502

I just want simple graphing thats all. Though i tried a website graphing app for the iPhone and it wasn't anything like i expected. It would be nice just to supply any equation and set your window and see it on a graph, or supply data points and get an equation from it. nothing too too fancy.

13. brandonzar macrumors regular

I would also like a nice calculator for the iPhone, I don't care so much about graphing because I do all of my data analysis and graphing with Kalidagraph, but I would like something like the readout on my ti-89 titanium. It shows the equation in mathematical form after you hit enter so that you could make sure everything went in the way you intended. I do a lot of complex conversions and having the mathematical readout is a must, but carrying around a large calculator all the time is a pain.

I'm not really sure that high school teachers would allow a iPhone graphing calculator on tests because it would also have access to the internet and e-mail.

14. nanvinnie macrumors regular

i think for the general population... sci calc is sufficient.

the only problem i see with using your phone as a calculator for school is that during a test, you probably won't be able to use it.. .since you can just browse the web and find answers or something...haha

15. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

but thats better than the $100+ for the real calculator. but i would love to see a graphing calculator. i'm goin; into Pre Calculus and i need one but their expensive.