Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NiroshanMan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Anyone hoping for a graphing calculator app in the app store? I sure hope so, it would be awesome to have a reason to use it in school, anyways I don't want to spend an extra $100-200 on a calculator just made for it so it would be a nice feature. Anyone else?

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
I think if Texas Instruments made a graphing calculator for AppStore, it'd be $50+.

Course it wouldn't have everything (since that would be a crowded UI).

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Exactly which features of a graphing calculator do you need most?

Emulators aren't allowed with the SDK, and the HIG guidelines are different, so any graphing calculator will likely will be a new and different app and not an identical emulation.

NiroshanMan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007

Emulators aren't allowed with the SDK, and the HIG guidelines are different, so any graphing calculator will likely will be a new and different app and not an identical emulation.

I just want simple graphing thats all. Though i tried a website graphing app for the iPhone and it wasn't anything like i expected. It would be nice just to supply any equation and set your window and see it on a graph, or supply data points and get an equation from it. nothing too too fancy.

brandonzar

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008

I would also like a nice calculator for the iPhone, I don't care so much about graphing because I do all of my data analysis and graphing with Kalidagraph, but I would like something like the readout on my ti-89 titanium. It shows the equation in mathematical form after you hit enter so that you could make sure everything went in the way you intended. I do a lot of complex conversions and having the mathematical readout is a must, but carrying around a large calculator all the time is a pain.

I'm not really sure that high school teachers would allow a iPhone graphing calculator on tests because it would also have access to the internet and e-mail.

nanvinnie

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2007
i think for the general population... sci calc is sufficient.

the only problem i see with using your phone as a calculator for school is that during a test, you probably won't be able to use it.. .since you can just browse the web and find answers or something...haha

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
I think if Texas Instruments made a graphing calculator for AppStore, it'd be $50+

but thats better than the $100+ for the real calculator. but i would love to see a graphing calculator. i'm goin; into Pre Calculus and i need one but their expensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.