Graphite Airport Base Station - funky

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lil' brudder, Jun 2, 2007.

1. lil' brudder macrumors 6502

I have an old graphite ABS and right around 12:30 every night, it stops going anywhere. Is there any funky setting I am missing? If it helps at all, I have wireless dial-up :D Thanks!

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Possible problems

1) It's tired, and needs its beauty sleep
    2) You got the "Cinderella" revision - it turns into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight
    3) You have inadvertently turned on the Airport Midnight Express setting. It breaks out of jail once every night.

What happens if you restart the router once it disconnects, does it then dial back up and work?
    What does your ISP say? Do they have a limit on dial up connect time? Do they force a reconnect at a specific time?

3. lil' brudder thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the response!

1 - I don't think so, I'd think it would just plain cork out if it were overworked/tired.

2 - The Cinderella Revision? That's a joke, right? :p

3 - Seriously.... :D

~4 - I have tried restarting it and/or unplugging it and plugging it back in and it doesn't seem to help.

~5 - Good question, I'll have to check with my ISP. Hopefully this is the culprit as I don't wanna buy a new ABS when this original works just fine. :D However, unless it is just the particular modem/IP something-or-other this isn't the case considering the internal modem on my dad's laptop connects ok which generally I have to do once airport corks out.

Thanks for the help!