graphite g3 that won't boot from disc

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by summitviewfarm, May 4, 2008.

1. summitviewfarm macrumors newbie

bought my son a graphite g3 but the hdd was wiped. it starts up but only goes to the ? mark/folder screen. tried booting from cd (holding down c key) but nothing happens. i have install disc 9.0.4 . anything else i can try?

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Try holding down the Option key when you boot.

3. summitviewfarm thread starter macrumors newbie

k- did that but got blue screen with an arrow button on the right and a refresh arrow on the left - mouse cursor turns into a watch when u click the refresh for about 30 secs - then nothing--

then did cont-opt-o-f - got the firmware screen- tried : mac-boot ; install; c: ; run; etc... cant get it to do anything either!! can I try to partition/format the hd from firmware - someone told me I cant install new software on a wiped hd until its partitioned - but cant find instructions to do so anywhere unless I subscribe to someones service. :confused::(:mad:

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I'm sorry I should have mentioned that you need to have the disc in when you hold down the Option key, that way you can select any bootable media. Also is your disc bootable or are you using the right one? Then again, the HDD could also be dead too...

Good luck.