Gray/White Defender combo w/ white iPhone issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mpossoff, Nov 22, 2011.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Anyone with a white iPhone have issues with this specific color combo? I've been to 3 different retailers and all the Defenders have the same issue... A tighter fit where you have to lift the upper part of the white shell to insert the iPhone so it will lay flat. My white iPhone fits in my black Defender perfectly.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The Dimensions

Are identical. I have a 4 and a 4S (both black) and they both fit my Black Otterbox kit.

I can't see it being a phone issue, more likely Otterbox....Maybe contact them? They are pretty good, and may have a Quality Control issue with the colour kits.

3. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Yes I contacted Otterbox and they aren't aware of the issue. They are sending me a replacement. They did say that initially you might have to lift up the top a bit so the iPhone will slide in flat but should break in after a while. My wife brought home a gray white for me last week and my iPhone literally wouldn't fit in the bottom 'reservoir'. I didn't want to force it in so she returned it. I went to 2 other retailers and although my iPhone did fit in bottom reservoir I had to lift up top part of plastic shell for iPhone to lay flat. It's a nice fit but I'm worried that the top tab where I had to lift might scratch iPhone bezel.

4. coastalmama macrumors newbie

I have the grey and white. Haven't had that specific issue, but have another one, bottom flap on the grey/white one will not lay flush and mine is brand spanking new. Talked with Otterbox and they don't have any replacement parts, so I have to wait for them to get them in so they will send me a new grey skin. :( Hoping that fixes it. Great case when you can get the bottom flap to lay flush.

5. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Do you have a white iPhone which is thicker than black?

6. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

With the the version you have to slide the bottom flap in instead of just trying to pop it in.

7. coastalmama macrumors newbie

I do have the white, but they had some other thread on here that proved that the white being thicker than the black was a myth.