Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
After upgrading iBank, I now have the iBank icon in the dock, as usual. However in the applications folder, I have a grayed-out Password Assistant icon (overlayed with the circle/slash symbol) with "iBank" below it, as though that were the iBank icon. iBank functions fine, but I don't understand this. Also, mysteriously, also in the applications folder, I have an Applications folder icon in the top (alphabetically) row. I'm not sure what's going on here. (Hope I'm making myself clear).

Did a search here but didn't come up with anything.

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Update

Fixed the iBank icon by remounting the disk image and dragging it to the Apps Folder. However, I still have the "App folder" icon in the, um, App folder. ?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
in the applications folder, I have a grayed-out Password Assistant icon (overlayed with the circle/slash symbol)
It's normal to have the grayed-out circle/slash icon. When you initially install an app, that symbol appears to let you know it's a newly-installed app. You can clear it, using one of several methods:
  • Log out and back in.
  • Restart the Dock.
  • Drag the Applications folder off the Dock and drag a new copy from Macintosh HD/Applications to the Dock.

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
I've also found that after opening the application a few times it eventually will turn into the correct icon. I imagine that this is just the long version of what was stated in the other post with the three methods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.