Grayed out Desktop Icons OSX 10.9 GM

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by rtheb, Oct 15, 2013.

1. rtheb macrumors 6502

I updated my 13" MacBook Pro Late 2011 16 GB Memory from OSX 10.8.4 to OSX 10.9 GM last week and have been encountering a problem with folders and files that I drag to the desktop which are grayed out.

I am able to upload them only by dragging them to my gmail window but don't understand their behavior or why they are "grayed out" in Finder.

What is more perplexing is that they show and function perfectly when using PathFinder!

I did a littlle search last evening and read something about default saves to iCloud but this makes little sense as some of the documents and directories pre-date the OSX 10.9 GM upgrade.

Any ideas or thoughts sincerely appreciated.

Thanks!

rtb

2. Astrofox macrumors member

Hey, same issue here with Mac Mini 2012 after 10.9 upgrade. Items greyed out in finder column view, and in icon view the disappear completely. If you turn path view on, go to user, then to desktop, they are suddenly clickable in column view- it seems the shortcut in the menu bar has something to do with it?

3. peranchor macrumors newbie

I seem to have encountered the same problem. Did anyone of you guys come across any solution other than simply reinstalling Maverick and hoping for the best?

/P

4. peranchor macrumors newbie