Grayed out WiFi after replacing antenna

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LongbowFoSho, Dec 6, 2010.

1. LongbowFoSho macrumors member

Nov 26, 2010
    I've tried this twice now with two different wifi antenna in 3G phones that were working perfectly before I removed and reinstalled the antenna.

So, what could be causing this to happen and how to fix it? I've followed Apple's recommendations of resetting the network settings, doing a restore and everything else, yet it still shows WiFi as grayed out with "No WiFi"

Bluetooth is working perfectly, BTW.
  2. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    Have you checked the ribbon cable is snapped on? I found that hard to make sure it stayed put when I took apart my 3G once.
  3. LongbowFoSho thread starter macrumors member

Nov 26, 2010
    Yeah I've taken both of them apart at least three times and checked the cable endlessly.

I'm waiting on a new one to get here from eBay before I give up.

The only thing I can think of is maybe I damaged something with the blow dryer when I was trying to loosen up the adhesive and remove the antenna.

So, I will try a new one and see if the same thing happens. If it does, then maybe its a software/hardware limitation. Its almost as if the logic board dumps the WiFi address once you disconnect it. You would think it would do it to the Bluetooth too, but I dunno.