Great app idea, but is it possible?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Wateroksnmud, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Wateroksnmud macrumors regular

a couple app ideas...

Daily todo list...
    - can create a task/tasks under any customizable category, but the task can be set to go off on selectable days, and re occuring just like the os alarm clock, ie sats and Mondays @ 8am.

Location sender...
    - can pull your gps coords from google maps, and send them to a friends iPhone that marks your position with a pin, or maybe even a red circle rather than blue?

Google maps?
    They're cool with cars, but what about bike routes? I ride so would like something that can incorporate trails as well...maybe google add an option to turn or off trails as well?

Am I dreaming to much?

2. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

ToDo list will have to wait for push technology if you want the notifications part.

Location sender...what you're describing is what Loopt does, I think.

This is possible.

3. Wateroksnmud thread starter macrumors regular

as far as the notification, I just want it to pop up like a reminder from thr calendar reminders. Same exact idea, just with daily tasks that you can check off.

So say tonight before I leave work at 6:15 I would like my phone to pop a reminder to do " my buisness plan" for my boss which I have to do sun through Thursday, right at 6, I pop "go to" on the reminder, it takes me to my "to do" app, and then in the app I go through my daily work tasks to ensure I accomplished everything before I clock out. A lot of apps have this capability but not the repeating occurance, or select the days it repeats, or the pop up reminder.