Great Apple customer service!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MSUDVM, Feb 20, 2008.

1. MSUDVM macrumors newbie

Last Friday I dropped my iPhone on a tile floor and cracked the glass screen. The phone still worked fine, but the glass was relatively shattered. I contacted Apple on Friday afternoon to have it fixed. Saturday I received a prepaid box from Apple to send the phone in by FedEx for repair. I dropped the box off Saturday afternoon at FedEx. Yesterday, Tuesday, I received a package from Apple with the following note, "after diagnosing your phone, we have decided to replace it with a new iPhone".

What wonderful customer service. Dropped it on Friday, mailed out on Saturday, and on Tuesday a new iPhone and I am up and running again. I don't think I could have flown to the repair center across the country from rural northern Michigan and returned with my phone as quickly if I had hand delivered it.

It seems we often hear about the problems with Apple service, but I want to give a huge kudos to Apple and Mr. Jobs. Great customer service!!!

2. tylerww7 macrumors member

so u caused accidental damage to the phone and they gave u a new iphone free of charge?

3. kster macrumors member

i believe apple covers accidental damage, but not normal wear and tear.

someone correct me if im wrong please

4. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

put it this way. Not many other companies would
    this. Apple does things differently. And usually for the better.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It is strictly up to Apple or at the Apple Store. Some people with cracked screens got them replaced free of charged especially in the first few months after release last summer. Since then it appears it is purely random, some people get charged, some don't. If they do get replaced for free or by the $250 charge, they can be refurbs or new.