Great Apple Experience!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jumpman23j, Dec 21, 2009.

1. jumpman23j macrumors newbie

I just want to say I had a great experience at the Apple Store in Rancho Cucamonga the other day. My 3 year old out of warranty macbook magsafe adapter burned a hole in the cord and stopped working. I made an appt. with the genius bar and not only did they replace my magsafe free of charge but they looked at my macbook and replaced my top case for free as well even though my macbook is out of warranty. Things like this make me stick to apple even more. Thanks Apple!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Sometimes the nice people at the Genius Bar can do wonders. Congrats on your wonderful service.

3. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Isn't that funny, cos the two experiences I've had at the genius bar have both been truly awful. Being patronised by some jumped-up teenager in a very busy, very noisy shop where, regardless of whether they've solved your problem, they give-up and turn you away after 15 minutes.

After my last (unsolved) incident I drove straight to a local reseller who gave me one piece of advice which put right what Apple's 'geniuses' hadn't managed to do in two appointments and one very long and expensive 'repair' where they replaced my MBP's screen, Airport card and HDD.

I've since made two purchases from the reseller and will definitely go back there if I have a problem.

I don't plan on ever entering an Apple Store again.