Great Apple Resaler out there

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tomwvr, Oct 8, 2012.

1. tomwvr macrumors regular

tomwvr

In live in Maryland - my daughter has a 13 Mac Book Pro (3 years old ) got a call last week that she could not get the computer to work - after talking to her over the phone - came to the conclusion that the HD was dead.

Well took it in today to a store called Mac Business Solutions - expecting to have to spend a bit on a new HD and labor. They called me a few hours later - the data cable for the HD was bad - and it was covered by Apple - so no charge to fix. They could have just told me they replace the HD and recoverd the data and charged me but they did not.

So there are some honest people still out there.

Tom

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's good to know that you're happy with their business.

Just a thought: What if they said the HDD had gone bad and said they needed to replace it and charge you for data recovery. So you go through all this and then you ask for the original drive back. You find the original drive is fine. I am pretty sure you can legitimately win a case against this company for defrauding you.

3. rMacBookPro macrumors member

+1

4. tomwvr thread starter macrumors regular

tomwvr

I dont even think I would have asked for the drive back - I guess I trust people a bit too much. But I was happy that they were very honest in what they did.

Tom

5. gbit macrumors member

fixed
    its not that difficult to let a hdd "crash" to make some money selling an new one..

6. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

@OP good deal! Now you know where to go next time good service needs rewarded.