Great Apple service!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by case2001, Nov 18, 2014.

1. case2001 macrumors 6502

I wanted to post the fantastic service I reviewed when contacting Apple directly.

I have an iPhone 5 which is in the group for battery replacement. There is no Apple store here so I took it to a local authorized repair center. They agreed that it was in the batch which qualified but after running diagnostics they said the battery was fine. I could bring it back later and they would run it again.

Fast forward a few weeks and the battery is dying even more quickly. I decided to contact Apple and pay to have the battery replaced. Once on line with them, the tech quickly checked and said my phone battery was bad. He ran a diagnostic and told me to send it in. They would replace it for free.

Thank you!

2. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

I'm glad it worked out for you, but I wouldn't praise Apple for selling you a high-end phone with a faulty battery.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah don't praise them too much since they were indeed defective batteries in some of these phones. I also just recently got a fresh battery installed on my iPhone 5.

4. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

When my iPhone 5 battery was replaced a few months ago they also replaced the screen and the camera. It was sweet. It made it a lot easier to sell on eBay so I could buy the 6 Plus.

5. case2001, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014

case2001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Great Apple service!!

I see your point. However, I have had this phone for over 2 years and I could see any company saying tough luck batteries are wear and tear items. In 20 years of mobile computing/phones, this is the first time I have had any company offer to replace a rechargeable battery free. I mean its not like the batteries were catastrophically failing from my understanding.

I just wanted to give props and commend above and beyond customer service.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The issue is that enough these units' batteries were found defective. Take in any other model phone after two years and, barring that model was found defective too, you would be quoted a repair fee.

It's awesome you didn't have to pay though. Your phone's battery very well may not have been a dud. And even if it was, you got two years out of it, which is great! :)